Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
What To Do Following a Water Loss
Water damage events occur very frequently. It is estimated that over 14,000 people suffer from some sort of water damage event each and every day. However, just because it is common doesn't mean that you automatically know what to do. If your home or business suffers from a water leak, a pipe burst, flooding, or any other type of water damage event, the first step is to call our SERVPRO of The Woodlands/Conroe team as quickly as possible.
Once you have made the call and our crew is on our way to your home or business, you can take a few minutes to read through out Water Damage Tips below to learn more about the do's and don'ts!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (281) 419-9796
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.