What Is Black Mold?
We have all heard the stories of how toxic and dangerous “black mold” can be. Without proper knowledge these reports can be very alarming and confusing. As your restoration and cleaning service, we make it our duty to keep you informed.
The common reference, “black mold’ refers to Stachybotrys chartarum. Although there is a specified mold, it produces the same allergens and irritants as other molds. You should always take precaution when confronted by any mold, avoiding all contact with affected areas. SERVPRO is available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you suspect you have a mold issue call us to get a professional opinion. Our mold remediation Production Managers are licensed by the State of Texas under TDLR and have the industry training needed. In addition SERVPRO is a national leader in mold remediation and our office services the entire Houston area including Harris County and Montgomery County. We can provide mold remediation services in The Woodlands, Spring, Conroe, Montgomery, Shenandoah, Robinson, Oak Ridge, Rayford and Sawdust areas.
We specialize in both residential and commercial mold remediation, SERVPRO is faster to any size disaster.
We want you to always protect yourself and your property. As you wait for help to arrive, refer to our mold damage tips.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of The Woodlands / Conroe immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (281) 419-9796
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The Woodlands / Conroe is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- The Woodlands
- New Caney
- Porter Heights