“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
If you see growth in your home, call us to get do an initial inspection and help you determine the best way to remediate the issue. We have the training, equipment, and expertise to remediate any organic growth including mold, mildew and other fungals.
Mold can be an extremely dangerous substance due to its ability to produce allergens and irritants. It only takes a source of water and 48 hours for mold-type growths to begin to appear and grow in the Houston climate. Mold needs three key ingredients to begin to grow and thrive: 1. a dark area (like vanity cabinets, closet or even a guest bedroom that does not get used often, 2. a food source which is anything "organic" including drywall, carpet, paper, wood or any other natural type of material and 3. moisture which can be from a leaking pipe, roof leak or even improperly extracted water damages. Once these three key ingredients are present mold, and other similar fungals, can begin to grow and spread throughout the property.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (281) 419-9796
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (281) 419-9796
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of The Woodlands / Conroe is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2060 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: