3 Reasons Why You Should Not Rely On a DIY Test to Find Mold Growth
Reasons Why You Should Skip the DIY Test
If you think that there is mold growing in your Rayford,TX, home, then you might be tempted to try finding it on your own. There are many mold testing kits that you can buy in a store, but using one of these might not get you the results you are looking for. The following are a few reasons why you should skip the DIY test and hire a professional to inspect your home for you.
1. There Are No Set Standards
Yes, there are a wide variety of mold testing kits for you to choose from, but this is part of the problem. These tests are all made differently and will, therefore, vary greatly in quality and price. There is not a set of strict standards for these tests, so the results you get will depend on the variety that you buy.
2. They Are Not Accurate
Even if you did manage to find the best mold kit to use at home, it would still likely not have very accurate findings. This is because of the nature of mold. This fungus is incredibly common and spores can be found in most environments, including inside of your home, so a test is likely to read positive even if you do not have any excessive growth. This may sound alarming, but most varieties are not harmful and will not cause any trouble unless you have water damage or high levels of humidity in the house.
3. You Won’t Know What to Do With the Results
Assuming that the test you used was accurate, you would probably not know what to do next. It can be difficult to locate mold if it is growing behind the walls or underneath the floors, and DIY mold removal can actually cause it to spread further.
Mold is a common problem, but it is not one that you should usually take care of on your own. If you believe that you have an infestation, you should contact a mold remediation specialist to perform mold testing, removal and cleanup.