The Woodlands and Conroe Commercial Property Care: Protecting Property and Profits from Water Damage
Water is one of the most destructive elements a building can be subjected to. Water damage in The Woodlands and Conroe commercial properties can lead to mold infestations, compromised foundations, and other substantial structural issues. While most people just think of floods causing water damage, sewer backups, broken water pipes, high water tables, and fires can cause significant damage to commercial properties throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area.
Here are 7 ways you can protect your property and profits from water damage:
1. Ensure Storm Water Flows Away From Foundation. When a severe downpour occurs, does water flow away from the foundation, or towards it? It is possible to mitigate some water damage by adjusting landscaping and hardscaping to direct water into a storm drain, or other lower lying area of the property.
2. Install a Sump Pump for High Water Tables. In the Houston area, we have a lot of ground water. A sump pump can work to keep water out of the basement in your Conroe or The Woodlands commercial property. Often, they are installed in conjunction with a French drain that runs around the exterior of the foundation. The water drains into a pit, and then the water is pumped out, a safe distance away.
3. Fix Your Leaky Roof. Even a small leak in the roof of a property can cause significant water damage restoration, and may even lead to a hidden mold infestation requiring mold removal services in your commercial property. It is wise to have your roof inspected annually, and after major storms roll through the area.
4. Consider Larger Gutters and Spout Extenders. The SERVPRO of The Woodlands and Conroe team often see water damage caused by gutters that are simply too small for the building. Larger gutters and spout extenders can move water effectively away from the building thereby reducing the risk of water damage.
5. Get Plumbing Inspected. Sewage backups and water main breaks continue to challenge business owners and property owners throughout our area. In our area, it is common for tree roots to seek out sewage lines, compromising their integrity, and leading to a catastrophic backup. If you suspect the main line, or any other pipes in the building are compromised, have your system inspected promptly.
6. Backup Computers and Digital Files Offsite. There is always the chance, regardless of your best efforts, that a flood will occur on your property. In order to protect your business, it is highly recommended that all digital files be backed up regularly to a secured offsite location.
7. Take Time to Write an Emergency Communication Plan. In the event of a catastrophic natural disaster, it is essential that you, your employees (or tenants) know how to best get ahold of you, and the proper protocols to follow. An automated phone messaging or text messaging system can help to alleviate the stress of communicating with key team members, vendors, and your customers.
Your local Houston SERVPRO responds fast to any size disaster to help you quickly get back to business. Regardless of the cause of the water damage in your Conroe or The Woodlands commercial property, we will evaluate and assess the damage, remove the water, clean and disinfect, and dehumidify the property properly with our state-of-the-art tools. Call us the moment disaster strikes; we take great pride in serving our community with dedication, expertise, and the best customer service.
About The Woodlands-Conroe SERVPRO
SERVPRO of The Woodlands-Conroe is faster to any size disaster, helping residential and commercial property owners when natural disasters, water damage, sewage backups, floods, fires, mold remediation, and other events happen.