The Safe Way to Sewage Cleanup
If you're dealing with a sewer backup, flooded toilet or other sewage mess, you have every right to feel frustrated and overwhelmed. However, don't let your frustrations prevent you from taking immediate and decisive action to tackle the mess and minimize damage as much as possible. The first thing you should do in the face of a sewage mess is contact your Rayford,TX, sewer cleanup team ASAP.
The Right Way To Deal With a Sewage Disaster
Sewage is inherently dirty and poses a variety of health and sanitation hazards. For this reason, you should never attempt to cleanup a sewage mess on your own. However, because sewage does present a health hazard, there are steps you can take to reduce exposure to those in the home and keep contaminants limited to a single area:
- Turn off power to the home as well as the water supply line to the building and all a professional.
- Evacuate all children, elderly adults and others who are not assisting in the sewer cleanup process.
- Remove any dry and uncontaminated items and clean them with a heavy-duty disinfectant.
- Open windows and turn on fans to increase ventilation. However, be sure to close off the area to prevent cross-contamination throughout the home.
- Add small amounts of bleach to the contaminated water to prevent bacteria from spreading before help arrives.
Each of the above steps can help you limit damage and salvage as much of your belongings as possible. However, you must act quickly and with no hesitation if you hope to achieve the most effective results.
Let a Professional Take Care of the Rest
While it is okay for you to take some steps to limit the amount of damage to your home and belongings, you should let a professional sewer cleanup team take care of the bulk of the mess. The professionals have the proper safety equipment as well as commercial-grade sanitation equipment that will effectively kill bacteria and restore your home to its previously healthy condition.